10 Dec 2007

Vista screen rotation

The screen rotation is a really nice feature of the Kohji - especially in combination with the touch screen. I haven't tried it under Ubuntu yet, since the touch screen isn't working properly anyway (see earlier post), but I use it quite a lot under Vista - mainly to read and annotate pdf files.
Today, this feature stopped working. When I pressed the rotation button, the rotation icons popped up on the screen as always. It let me choose the angle of rotation, but then nothing happened.
Problem/Solution: I updated the Intel display driver a few days ago (or rather Vista suggested to update it to version 7.14.10.1322). I just installed the old version which came with the Kohji (7.14.10.1272) and screen rotation works again :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the solution to the screen rotation problem. Was Worried why mine didn't work before I saw your blog. BTW, all newer video drivers don't Work either.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the solution to the screen rotation problem. Was Worried why mine didn't work before I saw your blog. BTW, all newer video drivers don't Work either.