23 Nov 2007

Gadget sightseeing in Tokyo

Since I love electronic gadgets, Yodobashi camera was my absolutely favorite store in Tokyo. One of the stores in Shinjuku is depicted below. It's absolutely amazing.

Before I went to Japan I thought nowadays everything is available anywhere in the world, i.e. also in Europe, however I was proved wrong.
I wasn't really into UMPCs before, because most models don't have a keyboard and therefore I couldn't see much of a use. Furthermore prices are ridiculously high, so I always sticked to my solid Thinkpad X60s. However, when I went to Yodobashi camera, I saw these little gadgets:


Those are Kohjinsha UMPCs, having all the tablet features, but also an useable keyboard. There were various models, but the SH8 seemed to be the best choice. Back in the hotel later that day, I googled for the Kohjinsha SH8 and found out that they are only available in Japan - one more reason to get one, isn't it? ;-)

No comments: